Food plays an important role at The Old Post Office with the emphasis on fresh, local, seasonal produce. Lanchester and Durham has a wealth of dedicated producers growing the very best ingredients and we take great pride in using these to make your breakfast a memorable experience.
Our supply team are Paul, the Butcher, Ian, the Fishmonger, Lesley, our Baker and our Hens, providing Free Range Eggs. Each has their own story to share with you.
A good wholesome breakfast sets you up for the day; we offer 3 traditional breakfasts
- Traditional Breakfast Grill - Homemade Sausages, our own Free Range fresh Eggs, locally sourced Bacon and Tomatoes with Mushrooms
- Free Range fresh Scrambled Eggs with Craster Smoked Salmon
- Poached Craster Kipper from the Northumbrian Coast with a poached Free Range fresh egg
Healthy Breakfast Snacks
We also offer a seasonal breakfasts as a lighter or alternative to traditional cooked breakfasts. Examples are
- Autumn/Winter Specials -Eggs Benedict -Porridge - Salty, Homemade Fruit Compote, Golden Syrup, Honey or with a shot of Whiskey
- Summer Special -Baked Free Range fresh Eggs with a Mushroom Nest and a base of Herby Tomatoes
- Continental Option
Breakfast Sides for everyone
- Cereals and home mixed Muesli
- Orange Juice (not from concentrate)
- Homemade Bread for White and Wholemeal Toast
- Homemade 'Seville Orange' Marmalade
- Tea and Ground Coffee - Decaf available
We offer some other options for other dietary needs if notice is given - just let us know in advance
Breakfast is served in our dining room at a time to suit you. We simply ask that you tell us your breakfast preference and time, the evening before.